Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a cake which is loved by everybody. The caramelized sugar incorporated with the flavors of pineapples and cherries makes it a treat worth not only to our taste buds but also to our eyes as well.
- Maida – 125 gms
- Condensed Milk – 200 gms
- Butter – 60 gms
- Baking Soda – ¾ tsp
- Baking Powder – ¾ tsp
- Pineapple Essence – 1 tsp
- Lemon Yellow Colour – 3-4 drops
- Sugar (for Caramelization) – 2 tbsp
- Soda (Aerated Water) – 100ml
- Pineapple Slices (tinned) – 4-5 pieces
- Cherries – few
- Almonds (blanched & skin removed) – few
- Cashewnuts – few
- Grease the baking tin.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar in it, caramelize ithe sugar on low heat.
- Arrange the pineapple slices, cherries, almonds and cashewnuts to for a decorative pattern. Keep the tin aside.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda together.
- In a bowl beat the condensed milk, butter, colour and essence together till light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour mixture and aerated water in 2 batches.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes, or till toothpick comes out clean on testing.
- Remove from the oven, loosen the sides and turn on the wire rack.
- Yummy pineapple upside down cake is ready to eat.