Tulsamrit is a tasty & healthy drink made from tulsi, jaggery and lemon. It has medicinal properties. It cures cold, cough, headache, acidity related problems. It is also good for digestion and also increases body’s resistance levels.
- Basil (Tulsi) Leaves – 50-60 leaves
- Jaggery (Gur) – ⅓ cups
- Water – 3 cups
- Green Cardamom – 4-5
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
- Ice Cubes
- In a mixer add tulsi leaves, cardamom and lemon juice to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- In a pan add water and jaggery in it. After first boil reduce the heat and as the jaggery starts dissolving turn off the gas and stir for 5-6 mins, so as to dissolve the jaggery.
- When the jaggery water turns lukewarm, add the tulsi paste to it. Stir well and leave aside for 2 hours.
- Strain the mixture. Tasty tulsamrit concentrate is now ready.
- In a glass add ice cubes and add tulsamrit and water in 1:1 ratio.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
- Enjoy cool tulsamrit to boost your immunity.
- Can be stored upto 15-20 days if kept in the fridge.