Tomato Basil Pasta is best known pasta in Italy. Pasta is mostly made with a sauce (includes tomato, garlic, onion as main ingredients in sauce) in southern Italy.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Pasta- 2 cups
- Garlic (lehsun) – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato Puree – 1¾ cups
- Chilli Powder – ¾ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Fresh Cream – 4 tbsp
- Basil Leaves – 10 (chopped finely)
- Oil – 1½ tbsp or
- Salt – to taste
- Grated Cheese – 3-4 tbsp
- Basil Leaves – 7-8
For boiling pasta:
- Add water, oil and 1 tsp salt in a pan. Boil on high flame. Add pasta and boil for additional 10-12 minutes on medium flame or till the pasta is properly boiled.
- After boiling, separate the pasta from water with the help of strainer. Drain and rinse the pasta in running water, so that the pasta stop cooking.
For preparing tomato basil sauce:
- Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic and onion and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add tomato puree and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chilli powder, sugar, salt and approx ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and basil leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
- Just before serving, toss the pasta in tomato basil sauce.
- Tomato Basil Pasta is ready.
- Serve hot, garnished with the grated cheese and basil leaves.