Shahtoot Sharbat is a powerhouse of nutrients and a powerful source of protein. Shahtoot (mulberry) comes in summers and is a huge source of iron, calcium, Vitamin A, C, E and K, Folate, thiamine, Pyridoxine, Niacin and fiber. The antioxidants found in mulberry repairs free radicals. Resveratrol, an antioxidant, is found plentiful in mulberries. It helps to promote heart health and overall vitality. It is also rich polynutrients like anthocyanin, flavonoids, lutein, zea-xanthin, B carotene and A carotene.
Ingredients (18-20 glasses)
- Shahtoot (Mulberry) – 500 gms
- Sugar – 250 gms
- Water – 2 cups
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves – to garnish
- Ice Cubes
- Clean and wash shahtoot in the running water nicely to remove all dirt.
- In the mixer add the berries (shahtoot) and sugar and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Add water to the paste and strain thru a seive. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Store in a glass bottle and can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Nutritious shahtoot sharbat is ready.
- While serving add 3-4 ice cubes in a glass, add one part of juice and one part of chilled water.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.