Peas pulao is good option for kids tiffin. The ghee and whole spices simply blend magically with the rice and peas to prepare delicious peas pulao.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups (soak for 30 minutes and drain)
- Onions – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Green Peas – ½ to ¾ cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 4-5
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Bay leaf – 1
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Heat ghee in a deep pan or cooker.
- Add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and onions and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the rice and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, salt and 3 cups of hot water, mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium heat till done (approx 10-12 minutes).
- Add half of the coriander, mix gently.
- Peas pulao is ready to taste.
- Garnish with rest of the coriander leaves and serve hot.