Mushroom oats kababs are very healthy and delicious and easy to make. There are many varieties of mushroom kababs. I made this mushroom kabab with combination of oats. Oats help in controlling high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and even fights cancer.
Ingredients ( 8-10 kababs)
- Mushrooms (chopped) – 2 cups
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) – 1½ tbsp
- Onions (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Rolled oats – ¾ cups
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Crushed black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves (chopped) – 4 tbsp
- Roasted Dalia (Bhuna chana) powder – 3 tbsp
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, add garlic and saute till light golden brown.
- Add onions and saute till translucent. Add rolled oats, mushrooms, red chilli flakes, crushed black peppercorns, garam masala, green chillies, salt and coriander leaves and saute till the mixture is dry.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Add dalia powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal portions and make small balls. Press them lightly between palms to make kababs.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and shallow-fry the kababs till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Mushroom oats kabab are ready.
- Serve hot with green chutney and ketchup.