Lentil Croquettes contains blend of aromatic spices, lentil and cheese, these are very delicious and nutritious too. A very good starter for parties.
Ingredients( 12-14 pieces)
- Lentil (Black masoor) – 100 gms
- Paneer – 100 gms
- Onion – 2 medium (cut into small pieces)
- Ginger – 1″(grated)
- Garlic – 4 cloves(crushed)
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely cut)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Bread crumbs – 4 slices
- Malai – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 50 gms
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Black pepper – 8 corns
- Bay leaf – 2
- Cloves – 4
- Black cardamom – 3-4
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Heat little butter in a cooker, add bay leaf, cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper and saute for a min.
- Add ginger, garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add green chillies, onion and saute till translucent.
- Add black masoor, salt, water. Close the lid and let it cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Let it cool for the next 10 minutes. Open the lid and add malai, butter, garam masala, bread crumbs, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, paneer ( add some more salt according to paneer n bread crumbs). Stir & mash it till it becomes dough.
- Let it cool down , now take out bay leaves, cloves, black pepper, black cardamom. Now divide it into 12-14 equal parts and shape them as flattened balls (cutlets). Now shallow fry.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and serve hot with chutney or sauce.
NOTE:- To give beautiful look croquettes can be rolled in bread crumbs/suji before frying .