Eggless sponge cake is very easy to make and can be used as a base for many other delicious desserts. Eggless version is made with condensed milk and loved by everyone and is an awesome treat for pure vegetarians.
- Condensed Milk – 200 gms
- Maida – 130 gms
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Melted Butter – 60 gms
- Vanilla Essence – ¾ tsp
- Water – 150 ml
- Custard Powder – 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Grease and dust the baking dish.
- Sieve maida with baking powder and baking soda thrice.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, custard powder, essence and luke warm water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted baking dish.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is spongy to touch.
- When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 4-5 minutes. Invert the baking dish over a wire mesh and tap to remove.
- Yummy eggless sponge cake is ready to eat.