Dhania burfi is usually made for the prasad on Krishna Janamashtmi, as per the rituals. Dhaniya Burfi can be eaten when one is on fast and is allowed to eat fruits.
- Coriander Powder – 1 cup
- Pure Ghee – 2½ tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut Powder – 1 cup
- Muskmelon Seeds – 2-3 tbsp
- Almonds – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Heat ghee in a pan, add coriander powder and cook it on medium flame 4-5 minutes until aroma starts coming. Take out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Add coconut powder in a pan, cook for 1-2 minutes stirring continuously. Take out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now add muskmelon seeds in the covered pan (because while roasting they pop up) for a minute, stir occasionally until the seeds get roasted well.
- Boil sugar and water in a pan. After the sugar melts, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add roasted coriander powder, coconut powder, cardamom powder, almonds and muskmelon seeds. Mix well and cook till it is mixed evenly.
- Grease a plate and evenly spread the mixture in it and allow to cool down. After the barfi is set cut into any shape or size as per your desire.
- Enjoy your Dhaniya burfi.
It’s shelf life is 15 days if kept in refrigerator.