This is the recipe for making Corn pulao using a microwave oven.
Yes, all you just need is a microwave. This is a very simple and fast recipe and your rice gets ready in about 15 minutes.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Sweet Corn (frozen) - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Garlic - 1 tsp (crushed)
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- In a deep microsafe bowl, add oil and micro on 100% for 1 minute.
- Add onion, garlic, again micro for 1½ minutes.
- Add frozen corn, salt, garam masala, chilli powder, mix it and micro again for 1 minute.
- Add rice and water and micro for 8 minutes in an open bowl.
- After 8 minutes cover the bowl with microsafe plate and micro for 4 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5-10 minutes, your fluffy rice is ready to eat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.