Coriander chutney is versatile with a fresh and light flavour, it is used as an accompaniment with pakodas, samosas, dhokla and many others. Coriander/Cilantro/Dhaniya is a very common for garnish in South Asian recipes.
- Coriander Leaves – 3 cups (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (grated)
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Green chillies – 5
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a mixer add coriander leaves, tomato, ginger, garlic, green chillies and grind a little.
- Add cumin seeds, sugar, black salt, salt and grind to a smooth paste using very little water.
- Take out in a bowl and add lemon juice, mix well.
- Coriander chutney is ready to be used.
- Refrigerate and use as required.