Churma is in powdered form and tastes very good with daal. Rajasthani food is incomplete without the famous Daal-Baati-Churma. This was started as a picnic food. In this firstly we have to make baatis, then baatis are powdered and fry in ghee, lastly sugar is added.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Refined oil – ½ cup + for frying
- Semolina (Suji) – 4 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – ¾ cup
- Green Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cashewnuts – 10-12 (chopped)
- Almonds (chopped) – 10-12 (chopped)
- Raisins – 10-12
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, suji and refined oil and mix well. Add milk and mix again. Now and water and knead into a stiff dough and roll out 12-14 lemon sized balls.
- In a kadhai, heat sufficient refined oil and deep fry the balls till done.
- Drain and place on an absorbent paper and cool.
- In a mixer, coarsely grind the balls. Strain thru a strainer(thick holed).
- Add ghee in a kadai and fry the strained churma for 4-5 minutes or till aroma starts coming.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder, cashewnuts, almonds and raisins and mix.
- Serve with ghee and Daal.
NOTE:- Instead of deep frying we can bake them in oven for 20 minutes at 200°C.