Chocolate crepe cake is made by putting layers upon layers of chocolate crepes, dressed with whipped cream! This delicious chocolate cake is a chocolate lover’s dream! Top each slice with ganache sauce to make this cake even sweeter and delicious!
Ingredients (8 Servings)
- Maida – 1½ cups/ 210 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 2/3 cups/ 75 gms
- Powdered Sugar – 7 tbsp/ 105 gms
- Eggs- 6
- Butter – 6 tbsp/ 90 gms
- Milk – 3 cups/ 675 ml
- Whipped cream – 3 cups
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Chocolate- 170 gms
Powdered sugar/ springlings for garnishing
- Melt the butter, heat the milk to warm and keep them aside.
- Mix the maida, cocoa powder and powdered sugar and sieve properly into a bowl.
- Add the eggs to the maida mixture and blend.
- Gradually add the melted butter and warm milk to the mixture, avoiding lumps, to get a batter of flowing consistency.
- Keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, pour nearly ¼ cup of this batter and spread it evenly on the pan to make thin pancakes (crepe). Cook until bottom surface begins to brown, then flip and cook this side also till it also begins to brown. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Repeat until the batter is finished. Keep the crepes separate, otherwise they will stick to one another.
- Let the crepes cool down.
- To assemble the cake, place a crepe on a flat surface and evenly spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the crepe. Now place another crepe on the layer of cream, again top this crepe with a layer of whipped cream.
- Continue the process to finish the batter and finally leave a crepe on top of the cake.
- Now, use a circular plate of diameter same as that of your cake and trim the extra edges to give it a nice circular shape.
- For the topping, make ganache of flowing consistency (see the recipe of ganache here)and pour it over the crepe and whipped cream stack, also use it to cover the sides evenly and give the indulger a layered, creamy surprise.
- Garnish the chocolate crepe cake with colourful sprinklings or powdered sugar.
- THE CREAMY, CHOCOLATY DELIGHT IS READY TO BE SLICED AND SERVED.
Preparation Time : 2 Hours
Cooking Time : 50 minutes