White sauce Pasta is very delicious, filling and very easy to prepare. Children love it very much. In this pasta is prepared and then we add vegetables and freshly prepared white sauce.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Pasta/Macroni – 2 cups
- Water – 6 cups
- Refined Oil – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1½ tsp
- Onion – 1 medium size(chopped)
- Baby corn – 4 big size(chopped)
- Broccoli – 6-7 florets
- Capsicum – 1 medium size(chopped)
- Butter – 2 tbsp+1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Cornflour/Maida – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 2½ cups
- Salt – ¾ tsp + to taste
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Red chilly flakes – ½ tsp
- Cream – ¼ cup
For boiling pasta:
- Add water, oil and 1 tsp salt in a pan. Boil on high flame. Add pasta and boil for additional 10-12 minutes on medium flame or till the pasta is properly boiled.
- After boiling, separate the pasta from water with the help of strainer. Drain and rinse the pasta in running water, so that the pasta stop cooking.
For preparing white sauce:
- In a pan melt 1 tsp butter, add maida,salt and saute for 1 minute, add milk and keep stirring cotinuously so that no lumps are formed and becomes a smooth paste.
- Add oregano, chilly flakes and pepper in white sauce. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a kadai. Add onion saute it for 2 minutes. Add baby corn, broccoli, capsicum and saute for 5 minutes, add salt and again saute for a minute.
- Add white sauce, cream and boiled pasta to the vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Hot pasta is ready to serve.