Vermicelli kheer is a delicious and quick dessert. This is made on many festive occasions like Eid, Raksha Bandhan, etc. Vermicelli also known as Seviyan, can be used to make sweet and savoury dishes.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Vermicelli/Seviyan – 1½ cups (broken into 1″ pieces)
- Milk – 600 ml
- Ghee – 1½ tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Nutmeg Powder – a pinch
- Saffron -3-4 strands (crushed)
- Almonds – 6-7 (chopped)
- Cashewnuts – 6-7 (chopped)
- Raisins – 15-20
- Melon Seeds – ½ tsp
- Green Cardamom Powder- ¼ tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the vermicelli and fry till it is golden brown in colour.
- Now add milk, mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Add sugar, crushed saffron, nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Now let the milk simmer for 8-10 minutes or till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Add almonds, cashewnuts, melon seeds, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Vermicelli kheer is ready to be served.
- Serve the kheer hot or cold.