Til mawa ladoo is very popular during winter season, as sesame has heating properties. Til Ladoo is traditionally a Maharastrian sweet made during Sakat Chauth and Sankranti. Sesame is very rich in iron, phosphorous, calcium and maganesium.
Ingredients (12-15 ladoos)
- Til (Sesame Seeds) – 1 cup
- Mawa (Khoya) – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
- Cashewnuts – 5-6 (chopped)
- Almonds – 4-5 (chopped)
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- In a pan dry roast til (sesame seeds) till light brown in colour. One should be careful while roasting as the seeds splutter. Keep aside to cool.
- In a pan roast mawa till light brown in colour.
- Add cooled sesame seeds in a mixer, grind the sesame seeds coarsely.
- In a deep bowl add powdered til, mawa, powdered sugar, cashewnuts, almonds and cardamom powder and mix evenly.
- Now grease your hands with little ghee, take 1 tbsp mixture and bind in the shape of ladoos.
- Til mawa ladoos are ready to eat.
NOTE:- If having problem in binding ladoos, sprinkle little warm milk.