Spring Onion Pulao is very simple to make and is delicious too. Previously I made Spring onion Rice which was appreciated by lots of people. Today I tried a very simple rice with spring onion and is also appreciated by all the guests.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Basmati Rice – 1½ cups
- Spring Onions(Whites) – 6 (chopped)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 5-6 (crushed)
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Spring Onion (Greens) – 1 cup (chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. As they starts crackling, add garlic and spring onion whites and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add rice in it and mix gently.
- Add garam masala, red chilli powder, salt, 3 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Add lemon juice, ¾ cup spring onion greens and mix gently.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.