Spinach rice is very healthy and delicious. It is perfect as a meal and kids love to have it in their lunch box. Everyone will love this combo…This recipe is very easy and tasty too.
- Rice – 2 cups
- Green Peas – ½ cup
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Green Chilies – 2
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (optional)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Cloves – 4-5
- Black Pepper – 8-10
- Cinnamon- 1”
- Black Cardamom – 2
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice for half an hour.
- In a mixer grind spinach, green chillies, onion, garlic to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom and saute for a minute.
- Add spinach paste and saute for another 4-5 minutes or till it starts leaving the sides of the pan, stirring occasionally.
- Add green peas and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, and mix well. Saute for a minute.
- Add 3¾ cups of water and let it come to a boil. Cover the lid and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix gently and serve hot with any raita of your choice.