Schezwan hakka noodles are made in schezwan sauce which is made up of schezwan peppercorns. But in indian style we are using dried red chillies.
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- Veg Hakka noodles – 200 gms
- Spring Onions(white) – 4-5 (finely chopped)
- Spring Onions(greens) – 1 cup(chopped)
- Cabbage – ½ cup (shreded long)
- Carrot – 1 (julienned)
- French Beans – 10-12 (finely chopped,slightly diagonal)
- Capsicum – 1 (julienned)
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Tomato sauce – 1-2 tbsp (optional)
For Schezwan sauce
- Dried Whole Red Chillies – 10-12
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1½ tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Vinegar – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
For the Sauce
- Soak the dry red chillies for 6 – 7 hrs. Remove the water. In a blender add soaked red chillies and garlic to make a fine paste. Add 1 tbsp water (if required) to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan to the smoking point and then add the chilli garlic paste, vinegar, sugar and salt and mix thoroughlyand cook for ½ minute. Allow it to cool.
- Heat enough water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil, till it comes to a boil. Add the hakka noodles and cook according to the package instructions.
- Drain and rinse the noodles in running water, so that the noodles stop cooking. Then add 1 tbsp oil and gently mix, so that the oil gets evenly coated on the noodles. keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a kadai. On medium heat, first add the garlic paste. Saute for a minute, then add spring onions(white) and french beans. Stir fry for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, capsicum. Stir fry all the veggies on a high flame for 4-6 minutes or till the veggies are half cooked. Add soya sauce, schezwan sauce, tomato sauce and stir.
- Add the noodles, salt and toss it well and stir fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Garnish hot schezwan hakka noodles with spring onions greens while serving, accompanied with some chinese gravy.