Sambhar Masala as you know is an ingredient in most famous South Indian Sambhar. It is made with a mixture of various spices and Chana and Urad Lentil.
- Whole dry Red chillies – 8-10
- Coriander Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – ½ tsp
- Arhar daal – 1 tbsp
- Chana daal (split bengal gram) – 1 tbsp
- Urad daal (split black lentils) – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida(Hing) – ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-15
- Dry roast all the ingredients in a kadhai.
- Grind them to a fine powder in a mixer.
- Sambhar masala is ready.