Red Sauce Pasta made in tomato puree n sauce with broccoli n capsicum. Pasta is always served with a sauce in southern italy and the sauce invariably includes tomatoes, onions and garlic amongst its ingredients. Tomato sauce is one of the best known pasta sauces of italy.
Ingredients (2-3 servings)
- Pasta – 2½ cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 4 (pureed)
- Onion – 1 +1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 2 tbsp +1 tbsp (minced)
- Olive oil – 1½ tbsp + 1½ tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Oregano powder – ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Broccoli – 10-12 bite size florets
- Capsicum – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – to taste
- Cheese Cubes – 1
- Take plenty of water in a pot and bring it to boil. Add pasta to the boiling water with 1 tsp salt. Keep stirring.
- Cook pasta till tender. Now drain the cooked pasta into a strainer and run cold water through the pasta for about 10 secs. Keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp oil, fry garlic and onion till soft.
- Add tomato puree, tomato ketchup and cook until the sauce is boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
- Add ½ tsp oregano, salt and pepper powder. Keep aside.
- Put broccoli in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp oil, add onion and garlic and saute till onions become light pink.
- Add broccoli, capsicum and cook for a few minutes on high flame. Keep stirring continuously. The vegetables should be half cooked i.e. crispy.
- Then sprinkle a little ½ tsp oregano, add salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and the prepared sauce, toss it well, garnish with grated cheese cube and serve.