Rajma Gilauti Kabab is a lip smacking Awadhi recipe, must try for vegetarians. This is a vegetable version of gilauti kabab where instead of meat rajma (kidney beans) is used.
- Red kidney beans (rajma) – 1 cup
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon – 4″ stick
- Black cardamom – 1
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) – ¼ tsp
- Green cardamoms – 2
- Poppy seeds(khuskhus) – ½ tsp
- Chironji – 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts – 8
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to fry
- Soak rajma overnight. Boil and grind in a mixer (when cool) . Keep aside.
- Dry roast cloves, cinnamon, black cardamom, cumin seeds, green cardamoms and poppy seeds in a non-stick pan till aroma starts coming. Add chironji and cashewnuts and roast till they turns brown.
- Cool and grind to powder in mixer and keep aside.
- Now mix rajma, red chilli powder, salt and ground masala in a bowl. Divide the mixture into equal portions with damp hands and shape into tikkis.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry/shallow fry the tikkis on both sides.
- Serve hot with curd, tomato ketchup or green chutney.