Ragda Patties is made in two parts, ragda and patties. Ragda is made of white dried peas gravy and is poured on patties which is aloo tikki. It is very popular in Mumbai.
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- Dry White Peas – 250 gms
- Potatoes – 500 gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1½ tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 2(finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 8 to 10
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp+ to fry
- Salt – to taste
- Soak peas in water for about 6-8 hrs and boil till done (approx) 20-25 minutes. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mash a little.
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash them. Add cornflour, green chillies and salt.
- Make small balls of potato mix and slightly flatten them.
- Heat the tawa, put a little oil on it and shallow fry pattice on both sides on medium heat and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, chilli powder, garam masala ang ginger garlic paste saute for 2 minutes and put mix boiled peas in it and mix well.
- Just before serving, place 2 pattice in a plate and pour ragda on it.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney, sliced onions, plain sev, papdi, etc.