Plum cake is traditionally made during christmas. Plum cake is made with chopped candid fruits and/or dried fruits, nuts and spices soaked in alcohol (optional). It is always liked by everyone.
- Butter – ¾ cup, room temperature
- All-purpose flour (maida) – 1 ½ cups
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 4
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Lemon zest – 2 tsp finely grated
- Cream – ½cup
- Plums – 2(chopped)
- Dry Fruits – ½ cup (raisins, cashews, walnuts, almonds)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and dust the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maida and baking soda.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Add vanilla essence and lemon zest.
- Beat in half of the flour mixture and cream. Add remaining flour mixture, mix just until combined evenly.
- Pour batter in the dusted pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- In a bowl, toss plums and dry fruits with 2 tbsp maida and sprinkle them over batter.
- Bake until cake is golden, it takes about 25-30 minutes or bake until cake pulls away from side of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake rest on wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Plum cake is ready to eat.