Plain Dosa (Sada Dosa) is loved by children. This is a staple food of South India. This is served traditionally with sambhar and coconut chutney. Very quick and easy to make dosa.
Ingredients (14-15 dosas)
- Rice/ Parboiled rice – 1½ cup
- Spilt Black Lentils(Urad daal) – ½ cup
- Poha/Flattened Rice – ¼ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water as required
- Firstly clean and wash rice and urad daal.
- Soak the rice and poha together for 4-5 hours.
- Soak the urad dal & fenugreek seeds together for 4-5 hours.
- Drain urad daal, grind urad daal & methi together to a fine and fluffy batter (using water as required while grinding).
- Remove the batter in a big bowl.
- Grind the rice and poha together to a smooth batter.
- Mix the rice batter with the urad dal batter, add salt and mix nicely.
- Cover and let the batter ferment for 8-9 hours in a warm place.
- It will almost doubleup after fermentation.
- If thick add water and mix (should be of flowing consistency).
- Heat a flat non-stick pan. Grease the pan with little oil, when hot wipe it with tissue.
- Take a big spoonful of the dosa batter. Pour it on the pan, and quickly spread the batter in a circular manner to get a thin and round dosa . Pour some oil on the top and along the edges.
- When the sides start leaving the pan and is golden from bottom, flip and cook the other side for a minute.
- Flip again and fold it.
- Plain dosa is ready.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.