Nutty Chocolate can be made in variety of shapes using moulds. These delicious chocolates look beautiful and are easy to make at home. These can be very good for gifting purposes also.
Ingredients (20-30 chocolates)
- Dark Compound – 250 gms
- Chocolate Moulds
- Mixed Nuts – 75 gms (broken into small pieces)
- First break the compound into small pieces and melt it. It can be melted by two methods:- one is microwave and the other is double boiler.
- 1. Microwave – Put it in a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave for 30 secs. stir well and again put in for 30 secs (if needed). Stir repeat till it is completely melted.
- 2. Double Boiler – Take two bowls (one small and one big) such that the bigger one fits on the smaller one. Take 1-1½ cup water in the small bowl and place it on low flame for boiling. Above it place big bowl filled with chocolate. When chocolate starts melting, stir it with a spatula. Keep the flame low as chocolate is very sensitive. Keep stirring at regular intervals until chocolate melts completely. Take the melted chocolate bowl and place it on a cloth so that the moisture of the bowl is soaked by the cloth.
- Take a mould for moulding chocolate. With the help of spoon fill melted chocolate in all the cavities of the mould. Pat the mould on surface so that it gets even and air bubbles are removed.
- Sprinkle the nuts and push them a little with the help of spoon, so that they embed in the chocolate well.
- Place the mould in freezer for 5-10 minutes. Take out the mould from freezer, flip it over a plate and pat. Your Nutty Chocolate is ready to eat.
NOTE:- Make sure mould should be dry, there should not be any moisture on it. Don’t keep the chocolate in the freezer for too long as it can result into bloom on the chocolate and cracks may develop when taken out.