Nacho Chips are different from other chips due to the combination of maize flour and maida. Sprinkling of carom seeds and oregano or cajun seasoning imparts nice aroma and flavour. Enjoy crunchy Nacho Chips with your favourite dip.
Ingredients (50-60 chips)
- Maize flour (makai ka atta) – 1 cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Haldi – a pinch
- Oregano – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Maida – for rolling
- Oil – for deep-frying
- Combine maize flour, maida, oil, oregano, haldi and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a hard dough using enough water, and keep aside for 1 hour covering with a damp cloth.
- Divide the dough into 5-6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into 10” diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and prick it evenly with a fork.
- Cut into equal triangles (or any shape you like) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai and deep fry a few chips at a time on medium-low flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat the above steps to make rest of the chips.
- Sprinkle cajun seasoning and enjoy as chips or with fresh tomato salsa.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.