Naankhatai is a shortbread cookie from India. These are very light but sweet and just melts in the mouth. Traditionally made with clarified butter or “ghee”.
- Maida – 2 cup
- Castor Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – ¾-1 cup (approx)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp(if needed)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Dust two baking trays.
- Mix maida, baking soda, castor sugar and cardamom powder well.
- Add ghee and mix well to make a smooth and firm dough add milk if needed.
- Divide the mixture into 30-35 equal parts. Roll each part into balls and then press a little. Keep them on prepared trays spacing about 3cm apart. Sprinkle little cardamom powder on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.