Mushroom soup is a very good option in winters. Loved by everyone. In this soup mushrooms and onions are cooked in milk.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Thickly sliced mushrooms – 2½ cups
- Finely chopped mushrooms – ½ cup
- Chopped onions – ½ cup
- Maida – 2 tsp
- Low fat milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté for 1 minute. Sprinkle a little water if the onions start burning.
- Add maida and thickly sliced mushrooms and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk and stir continuously till no lumps remain. Allow to cook.
- When cooked, puree till smooth. Add water, finely chopped mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot.