Momo Chutney is also known as Red Chilli Garlic Chutney, very popular with momos or dumplings. It is made of dried red chillies, garlic and many other ingredients which can be added according to one’s taste. Momos are not momo unless tears comes out while eating them with this red chilli garlic chutney. That is the best part of any dipping sauce – they can elevate a simple snack into something divine. We can also make this chutney in advance and store it in the fridge for a few days.
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Dry Red Chillies – 5-6
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add hing, jeera, methi seeds and saute for a minute.
- Add garlic, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add haldi, red chillies and tomatoes, let them cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or till tomatoes are cooked. Turn off the heat.
- When little cool, add salt and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Momos chutney is ready to be served with momos.