Mexican fried rice is very easy and quick to make. Tastes awesome too.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Cooked Rice – 3¼ cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Onions – ½ cup (thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes – 1 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ cup (thinly sliced)
- Salt – to taste
- Green Peas – ¼ cup (boiled)
- Carrots – ¼ cup (boiled)
- French Beans – ¼ cup (boiled)
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Dry Kashmiri Red Chillies – 4
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- In a mixer ground kashmiri red chillies and Garlic to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the grounded paste, tomatoes and capsicum and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and 4 tbsp of water and saute for 1 minute.
- Add peas, carrots, french beans, mix well and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.