Mawa Coconut Ladoo are very easy and quick to prepare. Coconut ladoos can be made by using either mawa, condensed milk or sugar syrup. But Ladoos prepared with mawa are much tastier. Coconut Laddu can be made with both raw coconut or dried coconut.
Ingredients (15-16 ladoos)
- Mawa/khoya – 1 cup (crumbled)
- Raw coconut – 2 cup (grated)
- Powdered sugar/Boora – 1 cup
- Cardamon Powder – ¼ tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- In a pan heat ghee, add raw coconut and roast it for a minute on medium heat. Keep aside.
- In another pan roast the mawa on medium heat. Roast while stirring continuously.
- Keep cooking till it gets very little light pink in color and will leave the sides of the pan. Approx 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool down a little.
- When still warm add coconut (save 4 tbsp for rolling), powdered sugar, cardamom powder and milk. Mix well.
- Grease your palm with little ghee and start shaping the ladoos.
- Roll each ladoo in the coconut powder.
- Coconut Laddu are ready.
- You can store the ladoos for 8-10 days in the refrigerator.
NOTE:– If you are using dessicated coconut then you don’t need to roast it.