Mango modak a different version of modak. Modak is highly popular in Maharashtra on Ganesh Chaturthi. It is considered to be one of the favorite foods of the Lord Ganesha.
Ingredients (15-16 pieces)
- Butter – ¼ cup (at room temperature)
- Milk Powder – 2¼ cups
- Condensed Milk – 200 gms
- Mango Pulp/Puree – 4 tbsp
- Nutmeg Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp (for dusting)
- In a non stick pan heat butter, then add milk powder, condensed milk, mango pulp, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring in between till it is thick (till it can be rolled into modak)
- Let it cool.
- Make small balls. Then pinch the top to look like Modak.
- After you have made all modak, use a small fork to mark lines on the modak from all sides.
- Place on a plate (dusted lightly with powdered sugar), so that they don’t stick to the plate. Dust the modaks from top also.
- Delicious mango modak are ready to offer to Lord Ganesha.
NOTE:- If the mixture is slightly loose, keep it in fridge for 15 minutes.