Love bites is an easy exotic dessert of chocolate sponge cake slices decorated with icing, chocolate ganache, white chocolate or any thing of your own choice, to make it look great.
This recipe is posted today especially for valentines day. TREAT YOUR LOVED ONES with these awesome love bites!!
Ingredients (15-16 hearts)
- Maida – 1 cup
- Condensed Milk – 200 gm
- Ghee/Oil – 40 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coffee Powder – ¾ tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Drinking Soda – 140 ml
- Ganache – for decoration
- White Chocolate – for decoration
- Icing – for decoration
- Preheat the oven at 160°C for 10 minutes.
- Grease and dust a 7 inch baking dish.
- Sieve maida, baking soda, baking powder, coffee and cocoa powder together. Keep aside.
- In a bowl beat oil and condensed milk together till light.
- Fold maida mixture and soda in the oil mixture gradually in 2-3 batches.
- Pour the batter in the greased and dusted baking tin, and bake at 160°C for 30 minutes or till done.
- Turn it to a wire rack and cool.
- To decorate the cake, slice the cake horizontally into two halves and place them separately.
- Now cut them in small heart shapes with the help of cookie cutter.
- Decorate these hearts with icing, ganache, white chocolate, etc.
- Can also be decorated with walnuts, cherries, chocolate leaves, etc.