Lemon rice is a favourite dish among young as well as elders. This is one of the most popular and often made rice recipe from southern india.
- Basmati Rice – 2½ cups
- Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Chana Dal – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds(Rai) – 2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds(Methi) – ½ tsp
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli(Whole) – 4
- Haldi powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 6(cut lengthwise)
- Salt – to taste
- Curry Leaves – Handful
- Refined oil – 6-7 tbsp
- Groundnuts – 100 gms
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – to garnish
- Soak rice for 1 hour. Boil adding 2 tbsp oil and salt. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai, add hing, red chillies, urad dal, chana dal, methi and fry for 4-5 minutes i.e. till they become golden in colour and aroma starts coming. Cool and grind it in a mixer. Keep aside.
- Heat 4-5 tbsp oil in a pan. Add rai, curry leaves, haldi, groundnuts and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add green chillies and fry again for a minute.
- Add rice, powder of dals. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.