Kuttu ki puri is very delicious and mostly eaten during fasts, as it is considered as a pure grain. Kuttu is very warm in tendency so it should be eaten with curd. Kuttu is Gluten free so we have to use potatoes in binding.
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- Kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) – 2 cup
- Potatoes – 4 (boiled and mashed)
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Sendha Namak – 1 tsp
- Oil – for frying
- Mix flour, potato, pepper powder and salt and knead into a stiff dough using water as required.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll each into small puris.
- Heat oil in a kadai, fry each puri, (press gently with a slotted spoon in the centre, so that it puffs up) from both sides till light brown in colour.
- Remove from the oil and place on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with curd and Dahi ke aloo.