Kuttu Colocasia fritters are very crispy, delicious and easy to cook fritters prepared with kuttu ka atta and colocasia. You can have these fritters for vrat or as a snack. These fritters can be served with coriander chutney.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Kuttu (Buckwheat) Flour – 1 cup
- Colocasia (Arbi) – 6 (thick and medium sized)
- Sendha salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼tsp
- Green Chillies – 2-3 (chopped)
- Oil – for frying
- Peel the colocasia and cut it into circular discs. Keep aside.
- In a bowl add kuttu flour, chilli powder and salt.
- Add water and make a batter of coating consistency.
- Add green chillies and mix well. Add more water if needed.
- Add the colocasia pieces and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai, when medium hot add colocasia pieces (mixed in kuttu flour) one by one in the hot oil. Can be made in batches of 10-12 pakodas at a time.
- Deep fry the pakodas on medium heat till little golden in colour (takes about 6-7 minutes).
- When done drain the pakodas on absorbent paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining colocasia.
- Serve these kuttu colocasia fritters with coriander chutney.