Jhatpat Kalakand is an easy version of the most popular Indian sweet Kalakand (made of khoya and fresh paneer). In this version i used condensed milk and paneer.
- Ghee – 2 tsp + little to grease the pan
- Condensed milk – 400 gms
- Paneer – 500 gms
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped nuts – few(cashew, pista, almonds)
- Grease a pan or a thali with some gheeand keep aside.
- Crumble or grate the paneer. Keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan on low flame. Add ghee, paneer and condensed milk in it, cook it while stirring continuously.
- Cook until it becomes thick (starts looking like one mass). May take around 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread it on a greased pan evenly using the spatula.
- Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top, press them gently with spoon so as to set.
- Allow to set completely by putting it in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Once set nicely, cut them into desired shapes and serve.
- Serve kalakand at room temperature.
- Shelf life is 2-3 days if kept in refrigerator.