Eggless banana cake is a sponge cake with the goodness of banana and wheat flour. It is healthy too.
Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- Ripe Bananas – 4 large
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1½ cup
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Castor Sugar – ½ cup
- Saltless Butter – ¾ cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Walnuts – 7-8 (chopped)
- Raisins – 15-20
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in the bowl. Keep aside.
- Mash the bananas nicely so that no chunks are left.
- Add sugar, butter and vanilla essence. Stir well so that the sugar dissolves and the mixture is evenly blende with banana.
- Fold flour mix to the banana mixture well.
- Add walnuts, raisins and fold again.
- Pour the batter in a greased and dusted pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for 40-45 minutes or till tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Let it rest for 5 mins, then take out the cake from pan and let it cool.
- When cooled, slice and serve banana cake plain with tea or coffee.