Eggless atta cookies are traditional, eggless, Indian cookies that make an excellent accompaniment with a hot cup of tea or coffee. They are healthy and nutritious too.
Ingredients (10-12 pieces)
- Whole Wheat Flour – ¾ Cup
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – ¼ Cup
- Ghee – ¼ Cup
- Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In a bowl, beat sugar and ghee well until light and creamy. Add essence and beat for another 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and mix gently to form a smooth dough. Now keep this in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into 10-12 equal parts. Make them into balls. Press each ball to about ½ inch in thickness.
- Place the balls on an greased cookie sheet about inch a part.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes
- Cookies are ready.