Egg Curry or anda curry is a spicy curry with boiled eggs, spices and cooked in onion, tomato gravy. This is made in many types. This version of egg curry is popular in North India. This egg curry goes well with rice or chapati/paratha.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Eggs – 6
- Onion – 2
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves
- Green chillies – 2-3
- Clove – 2
- Tomato – 3 (pureed)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Amchur Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Water – 3-4 cups
- Boil eggs, remove the shell and make 4-5 slits in each egg (so as to make eggs absorb the gravy). Keep aside.
- Grind together onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cloves into smooth paste.
- In a kadai, heat oil add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add onion paste and cook for 6-7 minutes on medium heat or until onion starts to leave the oil.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix and now add tomato puree.
- Mix well and cook for 6-7 minutes or until gravy starts leaving the oil.
- Now add salt, 3-4 cups water and bring it to boil.
- Add boiled eggs and stir gently, cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add amchur powder and let it cook on low heat for 2 minutes more.
- Add garam masala mix, and your egg curry is ready.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.