Egg Bhurji is a spicy version of egg scramble. This is an easy and quick Indian recipe. It is a great option when we need something quickly or when we are tired. It can be served anytime i.e. breakfast, lunch or dinner. Loved by all eggetarians.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- Eggs – 3
- Milk – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated) (optional)
- Green chillies – 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee/Butter – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a bowl beat the eggs and mix milk well. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Once hot add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the onions are translucent.
- Add ginger and green chillies. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and beaten eggs. Stir constantly (otherwise the eggs will start sticking to the bottom of the pan) and cook till the eggs are cooked and it dries up to the desired consistency.
- Garnish egg bhurji with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Chapati, Paratha or Bread.