Dosa batter is the basic thing you find in every south indian kitchen. It is also very handy if we have it always in stock. Can be stored upto 4-5 days.
Ingredients (14-15 dosas)
- Rice/ Parboiled rice – 1½ cup
- Spilt Black Lentils(Urad daal) – ½ cup
- Poha/Flattened Rice – ¼ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water as required
- Firstly clean and wash rice and urad daal.
- Soak the rice and poha together for 4-5 hours.
- Soak the urad dal & fenugreek seeds together for 4-5 hours.
- Drain urad daal, grind urad daal & methi together to a fine and fluffy batter (using water as required while grinding).
- Remove the batter in a big bowl.
- Grind the rice and poha together to a smooth batter.
- Mix the rice batter with the urad dal batter, add salt and mix nicely.
- Cover and let the batter ferment for 8-9 hours in a warm place.
- Dosa batter almost doubleup after fermentation.