Curd shorba is a combination of protein rich ingredients brought together in a delicious indian style soup. It is a kadhi that is transformed into shorba.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
- Fresh low-fat curd – 4 cups
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Low-fat milk – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – ½ tsp
- Chopped onions – ¼ cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Grated ginger – ½ tsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 2-4 tsp
- Chopped cucumber – 1 tbsp
- Beat the curd, maida, turmeric powder and milk together.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, green chillies and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the curd mixture and salt, mix well and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumber, mix well and cook for another one minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.