Colocasia fry is a very easy and tasty recipe. It is very common in North of India and is also loved by everybody.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Colocasia/Arbi – 500 gms
- Mustard Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain/Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Jeera/Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ¾ tsp
- Dry mango Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp(chopped) (to garnish)
- Wash colocasia and remove all the sand and dirt.
- Put it in pressure cooker with some water and cook for 2 whistles.
- Once pressure is released strain it and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, peel off the skin and cut them into ¼ inch slices.
- In a kadai, heat the mustard oil till the smoking point and switch off the heat.
- After 2-3 minutes, when it is cool downa little, again switch on the heat.
- Add carom seeds, hing, cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds begin to crackle add turmeric powder, colocasia and mix gently.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix everything together and cook covered for 5-6 minutes.
- Toss it and keep cooking uncovered on low heat till the colocasia is crisp.
- Turn over and roast the other side also till it is crisp and golden.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti or Naan.