Coconut Burfi, the method I follow (without making sugar syrup) is very simple. Coconut burfi is loved by kids a lot. My children like this a lot.
Ingredients (14-16 Burfis)
- Coconut Powder – 1½ cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Saffron – 8-10 strands + 1 tbsp milk
- Khoya (Mawa) – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Almonds – 3-4 (sliced) for garnishing
- Firstly grease a plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- Take saffron and 1 tbsp milk in a bowl. Heat a little and crush saffron to get nice yellow color. Keep aside.
- In a pan add coconut, milk and sugar. Mix well.
- Cook on medium flame for 10-12 minutes or till the liquid almost dries, keep stirring continuously.
- Now add saffron-milk mixture, cardamom powder and khoya. Mix well.
- Cook it for 10-12 more minutes while stirring continuously. It should be dry and binds like a dough.
- Transfer to greased plate and spread it evenly. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Let it cool completely. Then cut it into equal pieces.
- Coconut Burfi is ready.