Chocolate ice cream is ice cream with natural or artificial chocolate flavoring, loved by kids a lot. Chocolate is the second most common flavor of ice cream after vanilla. Chocolate was one of the first ice cream flavours, created before vanilla, as common drinks such as hot chocolate, coffee, and tea were the first food items to be turned into frozen desserts.
Ingredients ( 4 servings)
- Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
- White Sugar – ½ cup
- Brown Sugar – ¼ cup – 1 tbsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Chocolate chips – as desired
- In a big bowl add cocoa powder, white sugar, brown sugar and mix.
- Add milk and mix well, be sure that there are not any lumps.
- Whip the cream using an electric beater till soft peaks are formed.
- Add the cream to the cocoa mixture and fold it gently, till it is well mixed.
- Transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it for 45-50 minutes
- Take out and blend this in a mixer for 2 minutes (or with electric beater). Set it in freezer again for 45-50 minutes.
- Once again take out and blend it.
- Now add chocolate chips and vanilla essence, mix well and put back to the freezer again. Set it to freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Chocolate ice cream is ready now.