Chocolate cookies are originated in the United States, chocolate chips as its key ingredient. The traditional recipe is made from the dough, which is made of butter and both white & brown sugar with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Ingredients (20-22 cookies)
- Maida – 1¼ cup
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Butter – ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 tbsp less than ½ cup
- Powdered Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Chocolate chips – 2-3 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
- Milk – little
- Preheat the oven at 160°C.
- Sift maida, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder together and keep aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, essence till light and fluffy.
- Add maida mixture to butter mixture and mix nicely to make dough, add milk if required.
- Divide the dough into 20-22 equal parts. Make them into balls. Press each ball a little. Put some chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes or until cookies are done.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes.
- Cookies are ready.