Chilli potatoes is a indian version of chilli paneer. This can be a good accompaniment for meals. In this crispy potatoes are mixed with flavours of ginger, garlic…
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Potatoes – 300 gms(cut in strips)
- Cornflour – 4 tbsp
- Maida – 4 tbsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Garlic – 1½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Spring Onions Whites – 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 4 (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/3 cup
- Soya Sauce – 1½ tsp
- Cornflour – 2½ tbsp (mix in ¾ cup water)
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Spring Onions Greens – 1/3 cup (to garnish)
- Mix cornflour, maida, 1 tsp soya sauce, salt in a bowl and make a smooth batter by adding little water.
- Coat the potato pieces with the batter and deep fry in hot oil over a high flame till they are golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add the ginger, garlic, spring onion whites and green chillies and saute over a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and saute for a 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, cornflour paste and salt and let it to come to a boil. Add the fried potatoes, vinegar and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with spring onion greens.