- Maida(All purpose flour) – 1 cup
- Baking Powder –⅓ tsp
- Ghee/Butter – ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
- Cornflakes – 1 cup
- Cashewnuts – ½ cup (powdered)
- Vanilla Essence – 3-4 drops
- Cashewnuts – 8-10 (for garnishing)
1. Preheat the oven at 160°C.
2. Sieve maida and baking powder together.
3. In a bowl, beat sugar and ghee well until light and creamy. Add essence and beat for another 1 minute.
4. Add maida mixture, powdered cashewnuts and cornflakes, mix gently to form a smooth dough using water if needed. Now keep this in the freezer for 12-15 minutes.
5. Now divide the dough into 18-20 equal parts. Make them into balls. Press each ball to about ½ inch in thickness. Put some cashewnuts on top of each cookie.
6. Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet about inch apart.
7. Bake the cookies for about 15-18 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden brown.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes.
9. Cashew Cornflakes Cookies are ready.